Add HTML to your Facebook Profile

I recently discovered the Profile HTML Application when I noticed one of my friends had a “Subscribe by E-Mail” form on their Profile page. I thought this was a great idea, so I decided to put the application to work for myself as well. Although the name of this Application is “Profile HTML” it also allows custom HTML to be inserted onto Facebook pages.
profile-html
In what seemed like no time at all I had copied my Feedburner e-mail subscribe form into my Facebook profile sidebar, and now my friends can easily subscribe to my blog right on my Facebook profile!
Installing this form was just the first idea that came to my mind, but the potential of this app within the realm of html is limitless. That means pictures, videos, forms, and more can be added with relative ease. Adding Profile HTML can be done either as a profile box in the sidebar, or on a dedicated tab. I used the Profile Tab to insert my FriendFeed lifestream.
profile-html-excerpt2
Profile HTML gives you the power to create the equivalent of a permanent ad on your profile, or Facebook page. Profile HTML worked great for me, and I am curious to hear about how others are using it as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment